Donate to BFNC and help us provide services to those in need.
CAPPOffers a range of services to address the issues surrounding teen pregnancy, HIV/AIDS and sexually transmitted infections.Our staff works with teens ages 10-21 primarily in Buffalo's East Side to improve access to health care and to reduce risky sexual behaviors and teen pregnancy.
Our goals are to:
- Promote healthy sexual behaviors.
- Ensure access to healthcare and family planning services.
- Expand opportunities and provide support for youth.
- Develop a coordinated plan for a community effort to improve the local environment for young people.
EDUCATION IS KEYWe facilitate educational programs in neighborhoods where there is the greatest health and socio-economic burden using a multi-dimensional model including:
- Small group, evidence-based education in such diverse sites as faith-based organizations, schools, group homes, and community centers.
- Mentoring for teens and their parents to help them access appropriate health care resources.
- Youth development activities including; summer employment, educational workshops, and community service.
- Programs to help youth understand risk-taking behaviors.
- Community collaborations to help youth learn and grow.
Ruthie Lloyd, Coordinator of Community Education
"Like" CAPP's Facebook page and stay up to date with our program
Donate to BFNC and help the CAPP Program provide cricial Youth Services!